LUTEIN & HYDROGEN WATER
SUPER LUTEIN - Scientific Explanation
Importance of Carotenoids (main ingredients of Super Lutein)
- Carotenoids are the yellow-orange-red pigments found in plants and animals.
- In plants, carotenoids have a very important function, i.e they participate in photosynthesis.
- They protect the chlorophylls from over-exposure to harmful sunlight.
- Similarly, in our bodies they act as antioxidants to protect us against the various diseases
Why Supplements are Important
Bioavailability: For example if you eat a bowl of salad containing 10 mg of lutein, not all of it gets absorbed because it has to go through various stages before it actually ends up into the human blood stream. So the bioavailability from food is definitely not as good as the bioavailability from a dietary supplement.
Functions of Carotenoids:
- Protect against oxidative damage
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Increase metabolic detoxification
- Enhance immune response to oxidative stress
- Anti-tumour promoting property
- Prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin are the only two carotenoids that accumulate in the center of the retina, which is a region called the macula.
- This is the region most exposed to the harmful blue light (from digital screens) and as we age the photo-sensing cells in that region deteriorate, resulting in the progression of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin work by acting as
- optical filters - to filter out the harmful blue light
- Carotenoids also accumulate in the ciliary body, which is a tissue that is responsible for focusing on objects.
- When this tissue is not working properly, it will result in presbyopia, which is the inability to focus on objects up close.
- Carotenoids in this tissue also protect us against Glaucoma, which is the building up of pressure in the eye.
The best source of lutein and zeaxanthin in nature is from marigold flowers because they have a relatively high concentration of these carotenoids. Naturally Plus Super Lutein contains FloraGlo Lutein which has a very high purity level of lutein and is from a natural source.
- Super Lutein by Naturally Plus is very safe and all the ingredients are from natural sources.
- There are some 34 carotenoids found in fruits and vegetables that actually accumulate in the human blood, organs and tissues.
- The carotenoids that are found in the human skin protects us against over-exposure to the sun light.
- Super Lutein contains all these vital carotenoids for our optimum health.
Super Lutein Details
Super Lutein (100 capsules per bottle)
Content: 54g (540mg × 100 capsules)
Recommended Daily Intake: 3 capsules
Refined Fish Oil, Vegetable Oil (Soybean Oil, Rapeseed Oil) containing Vitamin E, Marigold Extract, Black Currant Extract, Tomato Extract, Bilberry Extract, Unshiu Mikan, Palm Oil Carotenes, Vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12
Storage: Avoid high temperature, high humidity and direct sunlight. Store under cool conditions.
Nutritional Value Per 3 Capsules (1.62g):
- Calories 9.6 kcal
- Protein 0.51 g
- Fat 0.75 g
- Carbohydrate 0.24 g
- Sodium 0～0.012 g
- Lutein 18.0 mg
- Zeaxanthin 3.6 mg
- β-cryptoxanthin 28.8 μg
- β-carotene 1080 μg
- α-carotene 270 μg
- Lycopene 2.1 mg
- Bilberry extract 30.0 mg
- Blackcurrant extract 72.0 mg
- DHA 50.9 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.9 mg
- Vitamin B2 1.2 mg
- Vitamin B6 1.0 mg
- Vitamin B12 1.2 μg
- Vitamin E 70.3 mg
Made in Japan
List Price: $178
Please Call +65 9652 6095 for Monthly Promotion & Free Delivery Option.
Click on the links below for more information about Super Lutein
This website is designed and produced by LUTEIN & HYDROGEN WATER. All content herein, including text, graphics, images and information available on and through this website are for general information only. They are not to be construed as drug/medicine & medical advice, and are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease and its related medical conditions. If you have any concerns, please consult your healthcare professional.